What does Keith Moon and Animal have in common?
This post is not for today's generation, but it's for the young at heart whose joints are starting to ache now and then due to arthritis.  Silly me, but I just learned that Animal from The Muppet show who is one of my favourite characters from my childhood days of watching tv is based on a very prominent and popular rock band drummer.  The drummer I am referring to  is Keith Moon from The Who.  This trivia completely eluded me until I came across an article at Band Posters which stated that Animal was based on the character of Keith Moon.  I started to do some research, and it turns out that Keith had a penchant for not only destroying drumkits on stage, but also blowing up hotel toilets with dynamite.  It turns out that total damage to hotel rooms was estimated at 500,000 dollars in the early 70's.  When you take inflation into account, that's a lot of moula in today's dollars.  Oh how I miss the 70's, do you?If you want to spice up your house decoration, click wall murals for some inexpensive and extremely gratifying wall decor.  
blog
VH1 | Post | What does Keith Moon and Animal have in common?

ppeyepete  created this post 33 months ago

This post is not for today's generation, but it's for the young at heart whose joints are starting to ache now and then due to arthritis.  Silly me, but I just learned that Animal from The Muppet show who is one of my favourite characters from my childhood days of watching tv is based on a very prominent and popular rock band drummer. 

The drummer I am referring to  is Keith Moon from The Who.  This trivia completely eluded me until I came across an article at Band Posters which stated that Animal was based on the character of Keith Moon. 

I started to do some research, and it turns out that Keith had a penchant for not only destroying drumkits on stage, but also blowing up hotel toilets with dynamite.  It turns out that total damage to hotel rooms was estimated at 500,000 dollars in the early 70's.  When you take inflation into account, that's a lot of moula in today's dollars. 

Oh how I miss the 70's, do you?

If you want to spice up your house decoration, click wall murals for some inexpensive and extremely gratifying wall decor.

This post is not for today's generation, but it's for the young at heart whose joints are starting to ache now and then due to arthritis.  Silly me, but I just learned that Animal from The Muppet show who is one of my favourite characters from my childhood days of watching tv is based on a very prominent and popular rock band drummer. 

The drummer I am referring to  is Keith Moon from The Who.  This trivia completely eluded me until I came across an article at Band Posters which stated that Animal was based on the character of Keith Moon. 

I started to do some research, and it turns out that Keith had a penchant for not only destroying drumkits on stage, but also blowing up hotel toilets with dynamite.  It turns out that total damage to hotel rooms was estimated at 500,000 dollars in the early 70's.  When you take inflation into account, that's a lot of moula in today's dollars. 

Oh how I miss the 70's, do you?

If you want to spice up your house decoration, click wall murals for some inexpensive and extremely gratifying wall decor.

0%

Flag
URL: 
Comments
Hi Guest, Log In or Sign Up  to comment.